You have the right to confidentiality under the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), the Human Rights Act 1998 and the common law duty of confidence (the Disability Discrimination and the Race Relations Acts may also apply).
- You also have the right to ask for a copy of all records about you (you may have to pay a fee)
- Your request must be made in writing to the organisation holding your information
- There may be a charge to have a printed copy of the information held about you
- We are required to respond to you within 21 days
- You will need to give adequate information (for example full name, address, date of birth NHS number etc.,)
- You will be required to provide id before any information is released to you.