In a life-threatening emergency such as sudden severe chest pain, severe breathlessness, loss of power in a limb, loss of consciousness or severe bleeding dial 999.
The surgery is equipped to treat minor injuries like small cuts and joint sprains. If the injury is more severe or may involve a broken bone then you should attend the Accident & Emergency (A&E) Department at the following hospital:
Salford Royal Hospital. Tel: 0161 789 7373.
Manchester Royal Infirmary. Tel: 0161 276 1234.
North Manchester General Hospital. Tel: 0161 795 4567
Also in the event of poisoning or overdose the attend A&E
To be seen urgently call the surgery on 0161 983 0080 and the receptionists will ask you a couple of questions, then you will be given a time to come down and see a GP.
The remaining five 10 minute appointments each day are kept for more urgent problems. There are also four short 5 minute emergency appointments available for each doctor at the end of every surgery.
For urgent / emergency appointments and home visits you may not be able to see the doctor of your choice.
What to do when my Medical Practice is closed:
- If you need medical help fast but it’s not an emergency call 111
- If it’s a life-threatening emergency call 999
NHS 111 is the number to call when you need medical help fast but it’s not a life-threatening emergency.
- Calls to 111 are FREE from landlines and mobiles
- NHS 111 is available 24/7, every day of the year
When to call 111
- You think you need to go to A&E or to another NHS urgent care service
- The surgery is closed and you need healthcare advice
- You don’t know who to call for medical help
When to all 999
- Call 999 for life-threatening emergencies such as:
- Major accident or trauma
- Severe breathlessness
- Severe bleeding
- Loss of consciousness
- Severe chest pain
During normal practice opening hours the practice remains your first point of contact for all routine requests.
More information about NHS 111 can be obtained from NHS choices at www.nhs.uk/111
Please only visit the A&E department if it is an emergency.