Our practice nurses are fully qualified to carry out the following nurse led health promotion clinics:
- Antenatal checks
- Advice on Diet
- Blood Pressure checks
- Chronic Disease Checks
- Disease Management (Asthma, Diabetes, Heart Disease)
- First aid advice, Blood and Urine Tests, Dressings, removal of stitches etc
- Ear syringing
- Adult and Childhood Immunisations
- Travel Immunisations
- Stopping Smoking
- Cervical Smears / Contraception Services
- Family Planning
- Health Promotion e.g., dietary advice and advice on smoking
- Post Natal Exams
- Spirometry (lung function tests)
- New Patient Screening
Our Healthcare Assistant supports the Nurses and the Practice by providing a phlebotomy service (talking blood samples) for testing. She is also responsible for running our health check clinic that enables us to identify and then initiate preventative measures to help reduce the risk to those patients who may otherwise develop illnesses in the future.
The District Nurse is available to see you in your home and help with dressings and removal of sutures, advice and care of the acutely and chronically sick and terminally ill and advice on incontinence and supplying pads and other aids.
They are available to help with health matters relating to the under-5s eg. feeding difficulties, sleep problems.
The Community Midwives provide an antenatal clinic at the surgeries. The Practice shares antenatal care with the local consultant obstetricians.